Download and Build mcPolymer
This section gives an introduction on how to build mcPolymer on a Linux system. However you can also use e.g. a Microsoft Visual Studio setup to build the software; there are no platform specific dependencies. You may also consider running a Windows subsystem for Linux setup (WSL2 e.g. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) on a Windows Desktop.
For building mcPolymer with "make" on Linux, you will need:
- GCC version 7 and newer (we use some fancy C++17 features)
- Gtest/Gmock for the unit tests (tested with version 1.10)
- lcov for code coverage builds (tested with version 1.14)
On an Ubuntu system these packages are installed with this line:
> sudo apt-get install build-essential libgtest-dev lcov
The makefile provides several build targets. The default build provides the executable.
Further options are:
- make debug - builds mcPolymer with debug symbols; for debugging tools such as gdb
- make gtest - builds and executes unit tests
- make coverage - builds and executes unit test and creates a great looking html based code coverage
- make clean - removes all build artifacts